Friday 24 September 2010

Black & White Landscapes

I'm the first to admit that I haven't really done a lot of black & white photography, just a few images here and there for weddings and portraits, just barely enough to know that it is a whole new world that requires more than just desaturating an image!  So after seeing so many black & white landscapes on Moose Peterson's blog I thought it was time to have a go for myself.

Here's a side by side comparison of a few photos from a recent hike up Mt Feathertop, let me know what which images you prefer and why.  You may want to click through to see the larger image.

Mountain Ash vertical panorama

Fire ravaged clearing


Resilient snow gum

There's more photos from the trip (including more B&W images) in my Mt Feathertop flickr set and some of the ones above are already up on Redbubble.

No comments: